The CIA and Torture
by William Blum
The CIA may not have pushed the button or turned the switch,
1. The Agency has encouraged its clients in the Third World
to use torture.
2. It has provided the host country the names of the people
who wound up as torture victims.
3. It has supplied torture equipment.
4. It has conducted classes in torture.
5. It has written torture manuals -- how-to books.
6. It has been present when torture has taken place, to observe
and evaluate how well its students were doing.